Product Keys are issued to each of your customers to allow them to access your products (and their associated assets). These keys allow HyperCurrent to track usage by each customer individually.
- 1.Click on 'Product Keys' from the Manage sub-menu in the navigation menu (Figure 1).
- 2.After clicking on the Product Keys Link, the Product Keys dashboard appears (Figure 2).
Figure 1. Product Keys link
Figure 2. Product Keys dashboard
- 1.Click on the Product Keys create button located at the upper right corner (Figure 3).
- 2.After clicking on the create button, the Product Key form appears (Figure 4a, Figure 4b).
- Client Owner: Select a user to assign the Product Key to. If the desired user is not found, enter the email address and the user will automatically be created for the entered email.
- Applications: This will allow previously created applications to access these assets automatically by referencing their third party clientID without having to add this product key to the API request.
- All fields on the 'Options' step are optional (Figure 4b).
- Product Key: An external Product Key can be added to HyperCurrent by entering it in the 'Product Key' field (Figure 4b). Only a valid GUID will be accepted for this option.
- Notification Addresses on Creation: This notification address will be used to provide the new product key to the end user who owns this product key, and they will use it to access the associated products. If you are using HyperCurrent Applications to provide API consumers access to products, the end user does not need to use this product key, and you should not populate this notification field.
- Notification Addresses on Quota Threshold: This notification address will be used to notify the end user of this product key that they have reached x% of their quota. This differs from the notification address configured at the product level, which is used to notify the API provider organization that their API consumer has reached x% of their quota.
- Note that if the chosen Product for the new Product Key has a Quota value set, this will become the default for the key. The threshold can be assigned using the 'Quota Notification Threshold' field.
- Expiration Date: This field can be used to establish non-renewing product keys. The expiration date will cause the product key to be marked as inactive as of the start of the day on the date you select for this field. Example: if you select September 30 as the expiration date, the key will expire as of 12:00:01 in UTC on September 30th. A future release will allow custom times to be set for expiration to align to a different timezone if desired.
- External Quote ID: this field is used to map product keys to external procurement or product management systems for reporting purposes. Example: if you wish to tie a HyperCurrent product key to a specific customer contract and managed in another system, you can use this field to create that connection.
- 3.Fill in the the details for the new Product Key and click on Save to create it.
- 4.After clicking on the Save button, the changes will be saved.
- 5.The new record will be shown in the table and the Product Key is displayed in the ‘Key’ column.
Figure 3. Product Key create button
Figure 4a. Product Key create form (Step 1)
Figure 4b. Product Key create form (Step 2)
- 1.Click on the Product Keys view button located in each row of the Products Keys grid (Figure 5).
- 2.After clicking on the Products view button, a screen appears listing the details of the chosen Product Key (Figure 6a).
- 3.Clicking on any of the Pricing Rules or Products listed will navigate to the relevant screen and display the chosen item.
- Selecting the Line Items tab will list any Line Items associated with the chosen Product Key (Figure 6b)
Figure 5. View Product Key button
Figure 6a. View Product Key screen
Figure 6b. View Product Key Line Items
- 1.Clicking on the pencil or trash can icons located in each row of the SLA Definitions will allow you to edit or delete existing SLA definitions respectively.
- 2.After clicking on the Product Keys delete button, a confirmation message appears.
- 3.Click on 'Yes, I'm sure' to delete the item.
Normally product key quotas are only reset at the end of a settlement period for products with a recurring subscription. However, if you need to manually reset a quota for a customer, you can do so by clicking on the curved arrow icon next to the associated quota.
- 1.After clicking on the reset arrow, a confirmation message appears (Figure 8).
- 2.Click on "Yes, I'm sure" & the quota consumed figure will be reset to 0.
- 3.This functionality is only available to Tenant Admin & Organization Admin users or the owner of the specific Product Key.
Figure 7. Reset Product Key Quota button
Figure 8. Reset Product key quota confirmation.